While the independent research is be presented, the high school students will be taught and given a hands-on experience on how to do research and formally present it to an audience. There is no prior experience or knowledge in the research arena required for this. This category spreads across 2 days. An introductory workshop will be conducted on day 1 of the event. This session will be conducted by our host team and LUMS faculty members where esteemed instructors will elaborate on how to do research and elaborate generic do and don’ts of Research culture. Delegates will be choosing one of the 10 Research questions given to them prior to the event and will be researching and formulating a viable solution for the problem involving different activities.
The winners of this event will be awarded an internship program with the Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering in the summers. This program aims to help these potential researchers to further develop their ideas and research. The program will spread over 1 to 2 weeks depending on the availability of the instructors and the demand of the research idea.
1. With the excessive electrical energy crisis in our country and temperature rising steadily, come up with some sustainable solution to keep room’s temperature under control without a great use of air conditioners. (Better insulation, replacing ACs with some different reliable cooling agents.)
2. Water pollution is a major concern for our people. Thousands of people are at risk of diseases owing to drinking contaminated water from home taps and being unaware of it. Can you come up with a suitable solution to determine the purity level of drinking water obtained from house taps and determine which contaminants it has present in it and to what extent it can be purified?
3. Hostel roommates are always annoyed when you turn lights on during night even while studying while they want to sleep. Come up with a combination of safe light source and glasses that can enable you to study and won’t bother your roommate.
4.. What is Higgs Boson? Will it destroy the Universe?
5. Application of Biopolymers in medicine.
6. Environmental issues associated with the production and use of antibiotics.
7. What are the applications of Chaos theory in different fields of sciences?
8. How to tackle the upcoming Username Problem?
9. The appearance of Mathematics in nature and its true importance.
10. How do we remember things? How reliable are our memories in recalling how things really happened?